My end of the year book fair is a favorite of mine and my students for the past three years. I pick 5 books and have my students rank which one they would most want to read. I then split my class into 5 groups.
This year my 5 books are:
- Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone (A lot of my kids love HP this year!)
- Bridge to Terabithia (A 5th grade classic!)
- Holes (They were upset we didn't read it this year!)
- Hatchet (A few of the kids read it and loved it!)
- Maniac Magee (One of my favorites!)
So as my students are reading they take notes on many of the elements of the story and begin to build a trifold board with information.
This year I decided to align this project to the Common Core standards - one of the best parts about doing this was adding a new component - a venn-diagram. I gave students the option of which venn-diagram to complete, but with comparing and contrasting a big part of the standards, I was proud of this addition.
You can purchase the updated product from my TpT store - the project is 20% for the next 72 hours so grab it now!
What books are your kids reading to end the year?